Game list-Jump menu

30 Oct 2008

Ruined Temple: stage 1-4-16


Ruined Temple: Stage 1, 4, 16
RuinedTemple 1,4,16
no.

Solve

Word Riddles

1 A Golden BellWhen stricken by mallet or clapper I sing, from delicate clink to reverberant ring
2 A Tree SquirrelWith a tail of bush, I skitter through trees, where I forage for berries and nuts as I please
3 A Gardener's RakeYou'll find all my purpose in three handled tines, for loosening earth where the gardener designs
4 A Leather bagI'm a carryall crafted of leathery hide, with a space to keep many belongings inside
5 A Hand ShovelIf you're tending a garden I'd play a strong role; for you can't plant a seed without digging a hole
6 A Wooden StocksConstructed of planks, each cut with a notch, I bind prisoners hands as the townspeople watch
7 An Oil LampTo illuminate chambers is my finest trick; just fill me with oil and add spark to my wick
8 A ViolinMy musical sound's one you surely would know, created by ranking my bridge with a bow
9 A Brass TubaPowered by air I'm the lowest of brass, but not without place in an orchestral class
10 A Perching EagleAs a great bird of prey who's exceedingly rare, I don't mind that I'm bald, for I've never had hair
11A Hairy TarantulaI've a brown hairy body with legs numbering eight, and poisonous fangs which shall seal my prey's fate
12 A Traveller's LuggageWe're requisite baggage here doubly stacked, the vacation storage for items you've packed
13 A Jade DragonI'm a mythical creature of serpentine cast, carved of polished green stone in the centuries past
14 A Cow's SkullWith my body long gone, I'm all that remains, a formation of bone that once housed bovine brains
15 A Delicious Red appleFermented for cider or baked in a pipe, my sweet fruit will make me the me of your eye
16A Deed to the LandI'm ink upon parchment, words written by hand, to document ownership transfer of land
17 A World GlobeWhen You're seeking location I'm spun and I'm twirled, revealing quite thorough maps of the world
18 A Scurrying ratUnless I'm a pet I'd be pest in your house, a verminous rodent much larger than mouse
19 A Baby BuggyWith baby well nestled and snug in my bed, we're easily pushed along streets where you tread
20 A Totem PoleWhat they carved on my surface no other tribe could, the figures of animals stacked in the wood
21A Knignt's SwordI've a great sharpened blade soundly fastened to hilt, the cause of great warrior's blood being spilt
22A Basket of StrawberriesI'm a most likely fruit with green leaf and red hide, but unlike all the rest my small seeds are outside
23A Hairy GorillaThat I'm cousin to man some folks would attest, but with more frequent roaring and beating of chest
24A CandelabraI'm a pedestal tall where the candlesticks sit, on a great many arms to spread light when they're lit
25An Antique RifleIn modern day hunting, with most careful aim, you'd find me essential for felling your game
26A Green LizardI'm an emeral creature at rest on this floor, with legs and a tail and scales galore
27A Ship WheelWhen sailing for travel or purely for sport, I alter direction toward starboard or port
28A Painted PortraitI'm a criminal not, yet it seems I've been framed, a renaissance man drawn by artist unnamed
29A Bunch of GrapesI'm a small and sweet fruit cultivated on vine, as I'm frequently used to make jelly or wine
30A BroomA magical stick upon which witches ride, I brush away dirt as I'm swept side to side
31A Baseball batResponding to pitch, in swung arc I attack, and dispatch the ball with a thunderous crack
32A Ship in a bottleA Sea faring vessel of very light mass, I sail no seas while encased in this glass
33A Hissing Cobrawith my scaly hood and my two fangs alike. I assail my prey with venomous strike
34A SombreroI've a body of felt and sleek golen trim, an indigenous hat with a very wind brim
35A Chess BoardIn rank and in file move the court of the king, as they battle for victories checkmate would bring
36A Diamond ringUpon loop of gold lies my stone most engaged; a sparkling gift to bond love strong and aged
37An Antique IronIf you've crumpled your shirt or you've wrinkled your pants, I'll smooth out the folds if you'll give me a chande
38A Marble Bustof a subject now passed I'm a marbelized clone, a likeness in rock, a fine portrait in stone
39A CardinalThough I have a strong bill and a robust physique, it's my deep crimson feathers you'll find most unique
40A pair of Roller SkateWhen circling rinks or moving down street, the fun is increasd with my wheels on your feet
41A playing CardI'm found in a deck and yet dressed in a suit, but paired well in poker I'd help you win loot
42A ring of KeysWe're affixed to this ring made of jingling brass, unique tools to unlock all the doors you must pass
43An UnbrellaAt the first sign of moisture descending from sky, simply open me up to assure you stay dry
44A TeapotThough not always short or especially stout, I do have a handle and also a spout
45A scarab BeetleWith hardened green armor, antenna and wings, I'm a six legged insect and all that it brings
46A HarmonicaAn instrument bluesmen could never replace, I'm powered by breath blown or drawn through my face
47A knight's shieldI display coat of arms while protecting the knight, deflecting the arrows and swords swung with might
48A cat statueHaving sharpened my claws I'd chase mice for a thrill. but I'm cast out of iron and stuck standing still
49A Tregedy MaskThe inverse of comedy? "people would ask; 'Why would one wear sucha horrible mask?
50A folding paper fanMy paper in folds, tied to slats with great care, will help you stay cool by displacing the air

No comments: