Game list-Jump menu

14 Oct 2008

Dressing Room: Stage 3


An Arranged Matrimony
dressingroomstage3
no.

Solve

Word Riddles

1 A knight's HelmetI'm the top of a brave dragon-slayer's attire, saving medieval warriors heads from breathed fire
2 An empty stoolClear of clutter, I'm a fine place to rest; sit on me while you see if you're looking your best
3 A broken bulbMy once bright luminescence is obviously gone, but only when others like me are switched on
4 A bloody hand printI'm the mark where five fingers have touched their reflection; a clue to a crime upon further inspection
5 A set of candlesWe're an ivory trio who shrink in the night, for our height drip away once we've been set alight
6 A hair brushI untangle strands gone ungroomed for a while; without teeth, but with bristles I maintain hair's style
7 Pieces of candyWe're an excellent gift for one favoring sweets; an assortment of colorful plastic wrapped treats
8 A stool marked with a spadeI'm a topped seat marked by a poker deck's art, but my face doesn't feature club, diamond or heart
9 A clown's hatThe apex of a circus comedian's clothes, I go best with white makeup and a squeaking red nose
10 A wig with braidsI'm styled the twisting and tying of strands; a do only made by the most dexterous hands
11A miniature TigerFully grown in the wild, I'm a most fearsome beast, but at this size I'm not to be feared in the least
12 A Viking HelmetI possess dual horns, but they're not to be played; they're the features of medieval Norsemen on raids
13 A skull on a stickI'm fixed to the top of a long wooden spine; a bony case made for protecting the mind
14 A malletI'm a hitter of heads and a pounder of stakes; when I strike with great force, the entire room shakes
15 A corsetI'm a silk garment used to lose inches with haste, granting hourglass shape when pulled tight at the waist
16A feather boaI'd most likely molt were I given a shake; shedding feathers, not skin, though I wrap like a snake
17 A maskWhen attending a ball which requires disguise, I'm the item which grants you a new nose and eyes
18 PinocchioIt's obvious which of my words you should doubt; every lie I purport quickly lengthens my snout
19 Red Riding hoodBundled in crimson, through woods do I roam, soon to meet howling beast in my grandmother's home
20 A witch's hatI'm the topper of choice for the broom riding rost; my brims width is perfect for shading their warts

No comments: