Game list-Jump menu

14 Oct 2008

Entrance: Stage 3


An Arranged Matrimony
entrancestage3
no.

Solve

Word Riddles

1 A White birdWith winter's approach, to the south do I go, though my color would mix rather well with the snow
2 A Cat in the windowI'm a creature most commonly found in a house, evading the bulldog or tracking a mouse
3 A HeartI'm often passed over by ascending feet; an etch of a muscle best known for its beat
4 A Number '2'I'm the number of mice on the steps plus a mate; a four split in half and a quarter of eight
5 A ChickenMy egg-laying life's spent cooped up on a farm; the male of my species is the farmer's alarm
6 A Stone turkey legI'm a leg and a Thanksgiving feast made of stone; a carved likeness of tender meat still on the bone
7 A Door knocker with no maneI'm the least hairy half of a two lion pair; to announce your arrival, tap my ring with care
8 A PineappleSeated in a tangle of bramble and root, I'm a sweet and spiny tropical fruit
9 A Face in the BushI'm a man's frowning mug in a plant-like disguise, for I've leaves for my lips and I've berries for eyes
10 A Stone crownI'm a stone ring befitting of ruler's heads; I'd not strain the king's neck were I golden instead
11A NestIt'd be for the best were I built in a tree, but I'm holding up fine where a skull face should be
12 A TriagleI'm the tip of an arrow and slice of a pie; I've three points and three sides, one of which points to the sky
13 A BoomerangeI'm affixed to a dual-horned figure of stone; were I made out of wood, I'd return when I'm thrown
14 A 'S' in the brickI'm bordered by mortar and built up of bricks; a letter that starts off and finishes 'sticks'
15 A QuestionmarkWhen putting a question to papre from mind, to end what you've written is for what I'm designed
16A Baseball batI'm the swingable gear of a ball-hitting game, but here I stand tall on a glass portal's frame
17 A SkullI'm the head of human who's breathed his last breath; a man's face remaining for years after death
18 A Roman numeral eleven (XI)If you gather a 2 and a 3 and a 6, I'm the cross and the line which are made when they mix
19 A Lletter 'T'Surrounded by panes which could easily break, I'm a consonant found at the cor e of 'mistake'
20 A HorseNear the Stairway you may hear a galloping beat; it couldn't be me when I am a head with no feet

No comments: