Game list-Jump menu

18 Oct 2008

Composer Closet: Stage 8


The Moonlight Sonatas
composerclosetstage8
no.

Solve

Word Riddles

1 A LanternFueled by oil and lit with a spark, I enable a camper to see in the dark
2 A HairbrushWhen a tangle-free hairdo is what you have planned, I'm a most helpful item to have in your hand
3 A DollI'm a pretty and frilly dressed porcelain toy, more commonly owned by a girl than boy
4 A Hat with a bowIf you fancy a hat or a bow on your hair, I'm the mix of the two which you may choose to wear
5 A Vase of dried stemsFrom top to bottom, I'm narrow to wide; the sprigs held within me have long ago died
6 A Playing cardIn a game using me, luck determines your fate; I'm a part of a pari or, with luck, a flush or a straight
7 A SnakeA bearer of scales, I'm drawn in the grain; my bite may result in your death, not just pain
8 A ReindeerI'm one of eight who pull a Christmas-time sleigh, carved in what's meant to keep clothes stored away
9 A Pair of GlassesIf one has weak eyes,I must rest on his nose, before he views words set in vertical rows
10 A Trunk marked with ShoesBlow hat and handle I'm carved with great care, the lone two-dimensional high heeled pair
11A Roller- SkateIf saving time while walking downhill's your goal, my wheels on your feet would allow you to roll
12 A Shoe with a gold buckelLike many around me, a foot I would hold, but I'm missing a partner and am fastened by gold
13 A Toy TrainMy journey begins when my cars are all full; I've no tracks at my size, so I follow a string's pull
14 A Golden man statueI'm a miniature man who was made in a mold, cast by the pouring of liquefied gold
15 An UmbrellaWhen carried outdoors, I'm oft opened wide, but always closed up when I'm taken inside
16A ViolinOn the night at the opera, as a vocalist sings, I'm found in the pit, in a section of string
17 An HourglassI hold bits of the beach in an eight made of glass; when I'm flipped, the bits fall as the time starts to pass
18 A Silver Tea potI whistle when I reach a boiling degree; it signals my contents are ready for tea
19 A Pirate bustA crook from years past. I once sailed the seas, but I'm missing my arms, my waist, feet and knees
20 A Bottle of PerfumeTo make you smell lovely's for what I am made; when I'm squeezed, a most wonderful fragrance is sprayed

No comments: