Game list-Jump menu

17 Oct 2008

Experiment Lab: Stage 3


An Arranged Matrimony
experimentallabstage3
no.

Solve

Word Riddles

1 A Skull in a jar I'm the decomposed spot for a hat or a crown; though trapped under water; it's too late to drown
2 A Bloody Sword At my sharp steely point, you'll find blood has congealed; I strcuk quicker than someone could block with a shield
3 A Key ring We're a metal collection with teeth most unique, granting passage through doors when it's access you seek
4 A Pair of tongs To pick up an item that's too hot or cold, I'm the grabbing assistant which you must first hold
5 A Green rat Though you'd think that my diet would consist of cheese, if you are what you eat, I've been eating green peas
6 A Mounted bee I once buzzed about from the spring until fall, but I'll fly nevermore since I'm stuck to the wall
7 A Map Before treasure hunters begin excavation, they must first proceed to my X-marked location
8 A Bunsen burner I haven't an engine, although powered by gas; I'm typically found in a chemistry class
9 A Jar marked with XII My marking may indicate error or theft; while I ought hold twelve herrings, only three are left
10 A Pair of binoculars When I'm held in your hands and pressed to your eyes,distant objects grow in their apparent size
11 A Lit candle I'm a fast melting tower of medium height; not brand new, or burnt out, but newly alight
12 A Black widow spider Should you see the red hourglass mark I disply, and were I not pinned to a board, run away!
13 A Mounted fish Created for show, on a fisherman's whim, I wait on the wall where I'm too stuffed to swim
14 A Mounted deer head Though my head is hanging, I shan't hang my head; my eight points are mighty! Then again, I'm quite dead
15 A Straight razor When a face is disheveled or in disrepair, I'll tidy it up by removing some hair
16 A Gold ring Sparkling bright, I'm a beautiful band; not of musical type, but belonging on hand
17 An Envelop Once loaded with letters, my glue is made damp, my top's folded down and my corner gets stamped
18 A Pocket Watch Round and attached to a chain like a locket, I'm a time piece oft kept in a gentleman's pocket
19 A Letter 'A' I'm an excellent grade and a vowel in a "square', the center of "car" and a first third of "air"
20 An Anatomy book When repairing a liver, a lung or heart, you'd best read me so you can tell them apart

No comments: